Rebecca Black (born June 21, 1997) is an American Singer, YouTube Content Creator, Instagram Influencer, Actress, and Social Media Personality from Irvine, California. She is one of the most subscribed YouTube personalities.
She has a self-entitled YouTube channel with more than 1.46 million subscribers. Furthermore, Black joined the platform on September 08, 2005. Later, she uploaded her first video on the channel titled “Welcome To My New Channel!” on July 18, 2011.
It bagged more than 4.8 million views on the platform. In addition, the content creator entertains her viewers by posting videos related to Vlog, songs cover, original songs, singing contests, and much more.
Cyberbullying & Struggles
Back in June 2018, the singer featured on BBC Radio 5 and spoke about her struggles related to cyberbullying. She revealed that hate comments on her social media really took a toll on her mental health.
Furthermore, Balck was bullied a lot after her song called “Friday” went viral on the internet. She even opened up about her struggle with depression. On February 11, 2020, the singer posted an emotional message on her Instagram in the honor of the song’s 9th anniversary.
Career, YouTube Videos, Songs & Net worth
The 22-years-old singer rose to fame after releasing her single track called “Friday”. The video came out on YouTube on September 17, 2011. As of February 2020, the video received over 140 million views on the channel.
Later, she posted hit videos such as “My Moment”, “Sing It”, “My First Time”, “The Great Divide (Crash Cove Remix)”, “Foolish”, “Never Have I Ever ft JENN MCALLISTER”, etc. Rebecca published her viral song “Friday” with the help of ARK Music Factory (Los Angeles record label).
The song bagged the 58th position on the Billboard Hot 100. In fact, it also peaked at number 33 on the New Zealand Singles Chart. In April 2011, Black hosted MTV’s first online awards show “The O Music Awards Fan Army Party”.
The same year, the singer also launched her independent record label named RB Records. Her single “My Moment” came out on July 18, 2011. On September 15, 2017, Rebecca released an Extended Play called RE / BL.
Some of her other popular songs are “Person of Interest”, “Satellite”, “In Your Words”, “Saturday”, “The Great Divide”, “Heart Full of Scars”, etc. The accumulated Net worth of Rebecca Black is $5 million US Dollars, as of 2020.
|Real Full Birth Name||Rebecca Renee Black.|
|Profession||Singer, YouTube Content Creator, Instagram Influencer, Actress, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famous for||her debut single “Friday” which went viral on the internet.|
|Manager||Debra Baum’s DB Entertainment.|
|Labels||RB Records and Maker Studios.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||22 years old.|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 1997.|
|Birthplace||Irvine, California, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|Current Residence||Los Angeles, California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 5″. |
Centimeters: 121 cm.
Meters: 1.21 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 58 Kg.|
Pounds: 128 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-26-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Dress Size||8 (US) or 38.5 (EU).|
Father: John Jeffery Black.|
Mother: Georgina Kelly.
|Siblings||Brother: Chase Black.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend, Caspar Lee.|
|Boyfriend||Name not available.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||1. Justin Bieber (Canadian singer, songwriter, and actor).|
2. Katy Perry (American singer, songwriter, and television judge).
|Dream Holiday Destination||Greece.|
|Love to do||Singing, Traveling, Photography, Shopping, Watching Netflix Shows, and much more.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$5 million US dollars (As of 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Rebecca Black
- The singer, Rebecca Black’s birthday falls on 21 June and was born to her parents in 1997 (age 22 years, as in 2019) in Irvine, California, USA. Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
- Rebecca’s mother “Georgina Marquez Kelly” paid $4,000 USD for ARK Music to produce the music video for the song “Friday”.
- Her mom and father “John Jeffery Black” are both veterinarians.
- Furthermore, she belongs to multiracial ethnicity and is of Mexican, English, Italian, and Polish descent.
- Rebecca has a younger brother named “Chase Black” (b. August 25, 1999).
- As of education, the singer graduated from high school via pursuing an online education.
- Youtuber, Rebecca Black stands a good height of 5 feet 5 inches (165 cm tall) and possesses a lean build.
- She maintains her weight which around 128 pounds (58 kg) by eating healthy food and doing various exercises.
Don’t Miss: Mireddys Gonzalez Biography, Husband, Story, Family, Kids, Net worth & Wiki
- In the initial days of her career, Black starred on “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno in order to discuss the negative reaction to her viral track “Friday”.
- Moreover, the YouTube content creator also received various phone and email death threats after releasing her song.
- Later, she took the help of the Anaheim Police Department in order to resolve this issue.
- A cover of “Friday” was even performed on “Glee” Season 2 in an episode “Prom Queen”.
- After the success, Black got an opportunity to feature in the music video for Katy Perry’s “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)”.
- Relationship Status: the musical artist was rumored to be in a relationship with her boyfriend “Caspar Lee” in 2013.
- However, they never openly mentioned anything about their personal life on the internet.